• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Friday, February 17, 2006

    Can someone give me directions please?

    I can't find the zone... ya' know the zone where you discover focus and concentration on a subject that makes you invincible against any measley little test. Can anyone help?

    Right before a major exam or finals, I always manage to find my "zone" where everything that previously confused me just clicks into place. Hidden meanings are revealed; the world order is restored, and it all just make sense and sinks into my head.

    I haven't found the zone yet for the bar. And it's three days out.

    Yes, I'm freaked.

    I think I have a decent sense of most of the subjects, but it's all a crap shoot whether what they want to test you on matches what you've studied. While I've been told that you don't need a deep understanding of the law to pass the bar, just a moderate facility with it, I've also been told that most people don't bomb the bar; they fail by ten points or less. Ugh.

    Here focus, focus, focus... here little focus. Come to mama!

    This just ain't no fun. But, one way or another, it's over on Wednesday at 4:00 or so.

    Whether I can imagine it now or not, there is life after the bar. Here are a bunch of things that I need and want to do because I've ignored them for the past several weeks or longer...

    In no particular order:
    * visit my mom and give her her birthday gifties
    * clean my apartment
    * exercise
    * write my holiday greetings (wishing everyone a happy holiday season through St. Patty's day?)
    * get rid of some of my law school crap
    * see a bunch of movies
    * color my roots -- I have some serious skunk action going on with my gray!
    * send out some resumes for a real job
    * go out for a nice dinner to celebrate graduating from law school
    * get outta town for the weekend for fun

    and so much more.

    Thinking about all the things I haven't been able to do is like being on a diet. It's no wonder I can't find my focus. Well, if nothing else, sheer fear will probably jump start it today.

    ::gulp::

    eXTReMe Tracker