• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Saturday, February 11, 2006

    Just mumbling to myself

    These days I'm walking around mumbling under my breath. Mostly it's incoherent ramblings such as:

    "Upp modd snuui" -or- "I ear".

    Sometimes the words make sense, but the context doesn't:

    "C is BJ" -or- "My legs" -or- "Ping".

    To the uninitiated...
    Upp modd snuui is the definition for a negotiatiable instrument in commercial paper: Unconditional Promise to Pay Money (of a fixed amount) to the Order or bearer on Demand or a Determinable date, Stating No Unauthorized Undertakings or Instructions.

    I ear is how to create/classify an agency relationship: Implied, Express, Apparent or by Ratification.

    C is BJ = the permissible grounds for objections for civil procedure (in Maryland) which may be brought up on the first response or later without losing them: failure to state a Claim, Immunity of government official, Subject matter jurisdiction, Bankruptcy, failure to Join a necessary party.

    My legs? The six types of claims which fall under the statute of frauds for contracts: agreements in anticipation of Marriage, contracts which cannot be completed within one Year, transfer of an interest in Land, Executor of an estate who promises to pay expenses out of personal pockets, Guarantee to pay the debt of another, Sale of goods in excess of $500.

    And lastly: Ping -- the mnemonic for the creation of easements. Prescription, Implication, Necessity, Grant.

    If you think this is boring... oh my, try studying for the bar. Creating the mnemonics is the fun part!

    Ahhh, another added benefit of studying for the bar -- not only do you think you're losing your mind, but so does everyone else!

    eXTReMe Tracker