• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Tuesday, February 07, 2006

    Go MD! (part II)

    So, today in bar review we covered the MD rules for professional responsibility. Fairly straight-forward stuff, not too different from the DC rules, or most other states I would guess.

    There was, however, one newer rule which caught my attention -- and which probably isn't terribly widely adopted. I don't know the rule number, but here is the essence of it:

    An attorney can be disciplined for manifesting by words or conduct when acting in a professional capacity, bias or prejudice based on race, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation or socio-economic status.

    Yay MD!

    UPDATE (2/9): a thought just occurred to me... I wonder if Ann Coulter is admitted to the MD bar? I doubt it since she went to U of Michigan Law School. But wouldn't it be fun if she were MD barred? Ooohhh...!

    eXTReMe Tracker