• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Thursday, February 02, 2006

    What Ann Curry and I have in common

    Well, there isn't much, but Ann Curry and I have at least two things in common: we're both half Japanese and she has been growing out her hair to donate to Locks of Love on March first.

    I had noticed that she had been growing her hair out from the short cut she used to sport, and I thought the longer look, longer locks were quite attractive. But the tresses weren't without purpose. She explained that she promised her daughter that she'd grow the hair to make the donation, and the on-air chop on the Today Show is scheduled for next month.
    The image “http://www.super-hair.net/curry39.JPG” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
    Well, longer term readers of this blog will remember my ridiculous and protracted saga this past summer with getting a salon to donate a cut when I chopped my hair for Locks of Love. I finally got a fabulous cut donated by a fabulous salon.

    I never uploaded a picture of just how long it was. So I thought I would now. I donated 12 inches, but had something more like 15-18" cut. Even with that shearing, it was still below my shoulders then and is plenty long now.



    (hmmm, come to think of it, perhaps more than Ann Curry, in this picture I resemble Cousin It...?)

    eXTReMe Tracker