• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Tuesday, January 31, 2006

    Warning: completely non-PC post ahead

    Bar review is mostly mind-numbingly boring, intermittently spiked with sharp pangs of terror. Kinda like when you bite hard into a chili pepper that you didn't see in your Chinese food.

    And the review session lectures tend to be on tape rather than live. They are all current -- some more than others -- but it's still an incredibly passive form of learning (I almost fell asleep today). Some of the profs try to keep our circulation going by having us write "fill in the blank" answers in the outlines; others include hypos in the handouts. Most try at least a little bit to be somewhat amusing to keep us awake.

    Some fail miserably.

    But others are very entertaining.

    One actually sang.

    And one told a joke that make me laugh. It's not at all PC, but I don't care. In order to appreciate it fully, read it aloud (albeit quietly) to yourself. It is meant to be heard, not read.

    Here goes:

    Bill Clinton, Clarence Thomas and George Bush were all candidates competing in a spelling bee. Who won?

    George Bush. He was the only one who knew "harass" wasn't two words.
    Even funnier to me because it was told by a relatively well known law professor during a bar review course.

    eXTReMe Tracker