• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Friday, January 27, 2006

    Good news and bad news...

    Good news first: I got my ticket to sit for the MD bar.

    YAY!

    Despite the length, breadth, depth and pain involved in filling out the application correctly (under threat of non-admission, I might add), it seems I crossed all my "Ts" properly such that I can sit for the bar in a few (holy cow) weeks.

    It's actually quite a relief to know that. The application was a bastard.

    Bad news: I didn't get my first choice of examination locations, the one close to DC. I have to travel up to west Baltimore to sit for this sucker. I know nothing about Balto geography, so telling me "Westlawn" is like saying it's in "Peoria, IL" -- meaning, I've never been to either but can -- and will have to -- Mapquest it.

    Made the hotel reservations last night. There goes another $200 bucks. When this is all over, maybe, maybe I'll tally up the cost to figure out exactly how much this bar adventure cost me in fees, classes and miscellaneous expenses like the hotel.

    ::shudder::

    eXTReMe Tracker