• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Thursday, February 02, 2006

    My latest fixation

    Sudoku. *

    Which is weird because as any law student will tell you, math ain't our strong suit. But, sudoku isn't about math; it's about logic.

    And I am the type that tenaciously sinks her teeth into a problem until it's solved. This compulsion has made me late for more than one meeting, kept me up later than I should have been on more than one occasion and really annoyed/perplexed/amused numerous friends.

    But the solveability factor is what makes sudoku so great -- and addictive; unlike crossword puzzles which require knowledge of the obtuse, trivial, profane and profound, sudoku puzzles can always be solved. If you're tenacious enough. Which I am.


    *Which various sites unearthed by google tell me comes from "Suji wa dokushin ni kagiru" -- and even though I speak (actually, I eavesdrop) Japanese, I had to look that up too. It essentially means, I am told by the google gods, "the digits must remain single". From what I know about Japanese, I'm not sure that's an exact translation, but I can't do any better.

    eXTReMe Tracker