• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Thursday, February 16, 2006

    In an attempt to break through the funk

    I just took a walk around the block to clear my head and lungs. I hadn't been outside in at least a day (pathetic, eh?) despite the warm weather. So I put on my fleece and grabbed my iPod (because there are always evidence or criminal law lectures to listen to) and headed out. It turned out that the fleece was too heavy for the weather -- what a gloriously warm and wonderful day. So, I dropped off some dry cleaning, went to the co-op and bought yummy things and headed back just in time to catch the kids being excused from elementary school.

    The shrieking! That laughter! Such happy sounds.

    So now I'm back inside with my tonnage of bar prep books. All of the windows are open to air out the apartment, and I'm in a better mental state to tackle this once more and slay my inner demons (I had a bad, bad, bad dream about the bar this morning...).

    Life is good. I have coffee, chocolate, beautiful weather. If I fail the bar this time, I'll learn my lessons and take another shot at it in July. I guess that's the upside of not yet having a job, eh? The only thing on the line here is pride and not really anything else.

    Back to... eeney, meeny, miney mo... civ pro?

    eXTReMe Tracker