• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Tuesday, February 14, 2006

    Updates...

    1. Today is the first day that I've actually felt like I have a shot at passing the bar (T-one week, ugh!). I have a decent grip on much of the substantive law, and the areas where my knowledge is less firm are the ones less tested. Yes, I am hedging my bets here and taking a risk. Oh, please, oh please, MD bar folks, do NOT test us on leases under article 2a of the UCC! And I'd be very happy not to have to wax legal on secured transactions, closely held corporations or commercial paper.

    I did learn, however, that most people fail the bar because of their multi-state scores, and I think I'm pretty solid there. (Fingers crossed, knock on wood, salt over the left shoulder, and anything else...) I'm more worried about the essays. But, I've been told that the essays are much more like law school with the b.s. factor, so if I'm a good issue-spotter (which I am) and a good writer (which I think I am), then I should be okay... Fingers crossed some more -- and then back to the books!

    2. The major snowstorm of this past weekend has all but disappeared. In fact, on Sunday afternoon, the evidence of the weather had largely melted. Today there is almost nothing left but that icky, dirty ice and slush in the gutters -- and even not much of that! And, can you believe it? The temps are supposed to hit the 50s this week. The weather in DC is even more changeable than the politics.

    3. Speaking of politics, sorta...Dick Cheney shooting Harry Whittington? WTF? That poor man first had to suffer the indignities of the birdshot and now a heart attack?!?! How awful. Looks like Justice Scalia got off light by comparison.

    4. Kenji Yoshino is going to be at the Law Center today. I'm here, but I really feel like I can't take the time out to attend. I am sure it's going to be a quality discussion. If it were any other week! Gotta support the civil rights angle AND the Japanese American law prof thing... Bummer.

    5. South America was added to my list of continents that have hit my blog. Yay! I still need Africa and Australia to make the set complete (no hopes for Antarctica, I guess). What words should I gratuitiously spew to lure folks from those parts of the world to my corner of it? Hmmm... Canberra, Aswan, tanzanite, Durbin, Soweto, Nelson Mandela, Luxor, pyramids, boomerang, Heath Ledger? Thoughts?

    6. Happy Valentine's Day all! Warm wishes for red fuzzy things, chocolate and sweet smells.

    eXTReMe Tracker