• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Monday, March 31, 2008

    Monday morning haiku

    Rain, rain, go away.
    Come again another day...
    when I'm out of town.

    Yup, flying the coop again this week. This time, it's for work, and we're off to sunny Scottsdale for a conference. I only go to one conference a year -- a conference that is, arguably, of only marginal use to my work (there are much more interesting and relevant conferences out there, but I don't get to go to them) -- and this is it. With the other attorney in the office and our division director.

    Wahoo?

    Still, it will be fun. The division director loves good food, so we've got reservations every night at some really fantastic restaurant. It will kill my per diem and hurt generally. Ya' see, the division director is an SES, and the other attorney is a 15, high step (at least above a 5). I'm not. They both make more than twice what I make, so these meals are relatively twice as expensive for me. Oh well. I'll still enjoy the food. It's only once a year.

    Most importantly, I'm excited to be out of the office for most of the week. Yay!

    And it probably won't be raining in Scottsdale.

    Labels: , ,

    eXTReMe Tracker