• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Sunday, March 16, 2008

    43 and 44 for 40

    As part of my big 4-0 birthday, we're taking a quick vacay. Tomorrow night, we're off to Lisbon and Madrid for a week, three days in each city. Looks like we won't have to bring sunscreen but will definitely need our umbrellas. But at least it won't be cold.

    Yay! Yay because I'm looking forward to getting some time off work. Yay because I've never been to either city. Yay because I'll be adding two countries to my list (currently at 42). Yay because I won't be here to do my weekly weigh-in and can avoid the reality of the repercussions of my indulgence of the past week.

    We've done nothing to prepare for this trip, other than get the tickets and accommodations. We'll need to pack tonight and take our bags with us to work. We also need to drop Gidget off with my sister. This is the longest we have ever left her. I wonder who will have more separation anxiety?

    Well, we'll certainly get over it... drinking local wine, eating the cuisine, shopping, sightseeing, shopping, and so on. We are only taking a week, so three days in each city is just about perfect to have the chance to do a few things without feeling like we have to try to do everything.

    Hopefully I'll be able to post from Europe.

    Oooh, I'm starting to get excited!

    Labels:

    eXTReMe Tracker