• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Thursday, May 03, 2007

    Ooops

    When SM fucks up in his office, his boss gives him the "In the future..." lecture. For me, it's "I guess I'm confused why..." which serves as a preamble for the "you fucked up" discussion. SM has a male boss; mine is female -- which may explain the different approaches.

    I just got the "I guess I'm confused why..." conversation. Oh well. I didn't screw up per se, but maybe said something that didn't need to be said. Even though my boss was asking for an explanation in using that approach, she clearly wasn't. In so many words, I just got scolded not to do it again.

    The silly thing is that it was a silly thing. More of a "we don't want to send the wrong message and make anyone look bad or rock the boat unnecessarily" because of internal politics than anything wrong. So I'm annoyed that I got sorta scolded.

    Oh well. I guess I'll just shake it off and shut up.

    Labels:

    eXTReMe Tracker