• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Monday, April 30, 2007

    Not only are we homeowners

    but we're also houseowners.

    The very cool news is that the final number at closing was even less than what we had been told, so we got a check back for almost a hunnerd bucks. Which we then promptly went and spent on a celebratory lunch with our agent.

    Yay!

    P.S. And, oh yeah, I forgot to mention that something I learned for property (studying for the bar, no doubt) actually came in handy today. When it came to how to record the deed, they had assumed it would be "tenancy by the entirety", also assuming that we were married. (I don't know which one of us piped up that we weren't married faster!) I told them we wanted "joint tenancy". Same survivorship rights for the most part, no marriage required.

    Labels: ,

    eXTReMe Tracker