• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Friday, April 27, 2007

    Closing on Monday

    I'm starting to get excited about the house. It's small... much smaller than I would have liked, but it's a good little house. Cute with a decent-sized backyard, and it cost much less than what our max pre-approved mortgage was. My three gripes are small closets, tiny bedrooms and no bathroom on the main floor. But then again, I've been spoiled with closet space since moving back from New York. Oh well.

    Here's the floorplan, not including the basement, which is basically the same footprint as the second floor. Like I said, not much space, but it will be fun figuring out where the furniture is going to go... but also a challenge. I have to say that the livingroom is a stupid layout. What this floorplan doesn't show you is that the left side wall of the livingroom has a fireplace. Nice to look at, but that makes it yet another wall where a couch won't go. Almost impossible to figure out a good furniture configuration that will work with the various traffic patterns, doors and windows. I don't see us using that room a lot. I think we'll be in the addition ("family room") and the basement most often. Gidget will stay in the family room during the day because it leads to the deck and the fence-enclosed yard. We'll have a doggy-door for her to come and go as she needs. This will be a huge increase in our quality of living. No longer will we have to run home after work to take her for a walk before her bladder bursts. Good news all the way around!

    Anyway, the even better news is that because the closing costs are so much lower than we had estimated, SM will have the cash to buy a flatscreen TV. That's going in the basement. Also, maybe a grill for the deck, which is off of the family room.

    Yay!

    Labels:

    eXTReMe Tracker