• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Tuesday, April 24, 2007

    Fried rice

    I made fried rice for dinner. In our household growing up, rice never went to waste. Mom always made plenty, and it was never thrown out if we didn't finish what was in the cooker. Perish the thought. We kept it over night.

    Ya' see, we'd use the day-old rice for fried rice in the morning. Fried rice was a breakfast food in my house -- and as kids, we loved it. Rice, fried egg, bacon, onions, some other veggies... yum!

    And that's what I had for dinner tonight. I took the left-over white rice, fried some eggs and bacon. Added peas and soy sauce.. basically whatever looked good in the fridge. And ate it all up. Happy tummy here.

    And this is why you should never order fried rice in a restaurant. Because they do the same thing. Use the left-over white rice to make it. And there's no guarantee that it was just the left-over rice from the rice cooker.

    I'm jest sayin'...

    UPDATE: and here, you probably thought I was talking about this.

    Labels: ,

    eXTReMe Tracker