• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Thursday, April 19, 2007

    Some seriously scary shit

    By now I'm sure that others have seen the manifesto and photos sent by Cho, the mass murderer who rampaged through Virginia Tech on Monday, to NBC News.

    It's really, really scary. Where does such anger and hatred come from? How can someone so young feel so alienated and without recourse? What makes someone decide to do something like this?

    But what's really chilling is that while his ramblings and actions are incomprehensible, he also seems so level-headed. This killing spree was planned -- and well planned -- in advance. He took the time between his first murders and the later rampage to mail a freakin' package, fer gawd's sake! We expect someone who would commit such horrible horrible crimes to be insane, manifesting his lunacy outwardly in some physical manner. From his words, one can tell that he's very disturbed, but to look at him, he's also so calm and focused... and almost normal-looking.

    Almost. He's wound so tight that it's clear he was about to snap. I still can't wrap my head around this. I really can't.

    Labels:

    eXTReMe Tracker