• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Sunday, April 08, 2007

    Renting my apartment (part 2)

    So I did an open house yesterday to rent my apartment. I had a number of folks come by, especially considering that it's Easter weekend, and DC tends to empty out with people going home. It was definitely worthwhile.

    Four good things and one not so great thing came out of this open house.

    Good stuff...
    1. My apartment is much cleaner and in great shape to start the heavy-duty packing.
    2. I think I found a tenant. Seemed like a good guy and incredibly excited about the place. Now I gotta check his credit.
    3. I now know that my apartment is absolutely gorgeous (always knew that) and shows incredibly well compared to other units in the building. Hell, it stacks up favorably against any other studio in all of DC. I saw the apartment below mine (same layout, almost the same view). They were renting it for $50 less than mine and doing an open house yesterday too. It was a dump. D-U-M-P. By comparison, my apartment looked like an absolute bargain. Even without a dishwasher.
    4. I can ask $1400 for my place and have lots of people interested. Wa-hoo!

    One other thing I realized yesterday... You know you are a really, REALLY bad housekeeper when your vacuum is dusty. Uh-huh. Absolutely covered in dust. Oooops.

    Pffff, I'm tired. We did move a bunch of boxes out but still have loads more to do. It's slow but we'll get there eventually.

    Labels: ,

    eXTReMe Tracker