• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Tuesday, April 10, 2007

    A lesson in effectively communication

    On my way to work this morning, I heard a ruckus. Since I work in DC near the courthouses, I thought it might be some kind of protest. When spring arrives in DC, so do the protesters.

    Anyway, I was right, sort of. It was a picket line.

    Folks were walking around in front of a building with placards. I'd give them a B+ for message delivery. On the one hand, they did get my attention with the noise. On the other hand, I couldn't read the signs nor could I understand what they were saying (if they were in fact saying words). But the thing that got them the "+" for style points and made it quite clearly a protest: the giant, at least ten-foot tall inflatable rat they had parked (literally, it was in the bed of a pick-up) in front of the building.

    Ahhh, DC in the spring.

    Labels:

    eXTReMe Tracker