• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Wednesday, April 25, 2007

    Support my annual "birthday donation"!

    Hey folks --

    On October 6th, 2007, I will join thousands of other people in the 21st annual AIDS Walk Washington. This event is a 5K fundraising walk/run, benefiting and produced by Whitman-Walker Clinic.

    I have decided to do this walk as my annual "birthday donation". Every year, I make a donation of time and effort (rather than just $$) on or around my birthday (well, at least the decision to do it was made around my birthday!). Last year, I decided to become an adult literacy tutor; in previous years, I have donated my hair, organized cell phone drives for domestic violence shelters, collected clothes for women returning to work from welfare, etc. I was inspired to do a walk this year by Betty Joan.

    Many of you have participated in and supported my efforts in the past, and I would like to ask for your help again. I would greatly appreciate your support for this worthwhile cause. My personal fundraising goal is to exceed $2000. With your help, it won't be a problem! Would you please visit my personal AIDS Walk Washington website and make a donation today? Any amount would be greatly appreciated.

    Whitman-Walker Clinic is a nonprofit, community-based organization founded in 1973 that provides and facilitates affordable, accessible health services to the Washington metropolitan area. With the advent of the AIDS epidemic, the Clinic became a leader in the fight against HIV/AIDS. The Clinic has headquarters in northwest D.C. with regional branches in southeast D.C. and northern Virginia. In addition to medical care, the Clinic’s services include HIV testing and counseling, addiction services, a day treatment center, a food bank, mental health programs, legal services and an at-cost pharmacy providing HIV medication. You can find out more about the Clinic here.

    Your contribution will help Whitman-Walker Clinic provide critical services to those living with HIV/AIDS. Every dollar brings hope and provides needed care. Please visit my personal fundraising website to make a secure online donation. You can also print a donation form at my website if you prefer to mail your donation. Checks should be made payable to AIDS Walk Washington and mailed to PO Box 73768, Washington DC 20056-3768. All contributions are 100 percent tax deductible.

    If you have any questions about AIDS Walk Washington or Whitman-Walker Clinic, please don’t hesitate to contact me or visit Aids Walk Washington for more information.

    Thank you so much for your support and generosity.

    Sincerely,
    She says

    Follow this link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support Whitman-Walker Clinic.


    UPDATE: Props to my blogger pals...!
    And HUGE huge thanks to the Scooter household for contributing already! Thanks!

    And ditto to a woman to watch, even though she's retired her blog, Denise. I miss hearing about what's going on with you, chica! Thanks so much for the support! Check out the latest and greatest from Denise and her spouse, Mary: The Rainbow Law Center. I expect them to be arguing cases before the SCOTUS soon.

    Labels: ,

    eXTReMe Tracker