• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Thursday, April 26, 2007

    I heart New England

    The last state in New England is headed in the right direction... not quite there yet, but this is a big step: N.H. Is Set To Approve Same-Sex Civil Unions.

    This part, especially, caught my attention:
    In fact, in strongly libertarian New Hampshire, a new bill that would make it the last state in the union to adopt a mandatory seat-belt law has generated far more controversy, political experts say.

    "I just don't think it's a major issue anymore," said Jim Lupien, 40, a lifelong Republican and owner of the Cool Moose Creamery Candy Store on Concord's old-style Main Street. "Vermont did it, and then Massachusetts, and people around here just started thinking, 'Okay, what's the big deal?' I'm not pro-gay, but that's no reason to deny them their rights."
    Finally, folks are starting to understand that denying same-sex couples their rights is only hurtful and mean -- while ensuring equal protection under the law to same-sex couples hurts no one. And is the right thing to do.

    And I'm waiting to see this bumper-sticker...

    Labels: , ,

    eXTReMe Tracker