• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Tuesday, May 01, 2007

    Page-a-day trivia for Monday, April 30th

    (Yesterday, I know... but I wasn't in the office yesterday.)

    So for all of you trivia buffs, this blog's for you: how many of the United States's 50 states have land north of Canada's southernmost point?

    Any guesses? Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

    Well, I guessed. I guessed and was way, WAY off.

    Whatever number you're thinking, go higher. Higher. Nope, higher.

    Okay, want the answer? Are you sure? Really?

    Okay. The answer is 27. More than half of the states in the US are north of Canada, sorta.

    How's that, you say? Well, Canada's southernmost point is the very small Middle Island, Ontario, which is located in Lake Erie at 41' 41" North. The 27 states with points north of that include the obvious and the not-so-obvious: Alaska, California, Connecticut, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, MIchigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

    Huh, who knew? I bet even Alex didn't know that one!

    Labels:

    eXTReMe Tracker