• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Wednesday, July 05, 2006

    Not just old, but creaky old

    I had the most glamourous extended weekend of being laid up in bed all day Saturday and Sunday.

    No, not like that.

    I woke up on Saturday with a serious, serious shoulder strain. Like a crick in the neck from sleeping on it funny but taken to "giving birth" degrees of ouch. I couldn't even lift my arm without pain searing down my arm and back. So I took lots of drugs and stayed in bed all day. And again all day Sunday. I slept like a champion. Like a teenager, even!

    Monday I felt better, but still not great. The mobility was up and the pain down, but I still needed to pop the pills. This morning was a little worse than yesterday, but it's getting better as the day goes on and I work it out as I move around.

    But five days of this?

    Man, I'm feeling old. And creaky. Next thing you know, I'll be sitting around with my cronies carrying on extended conversations about our aches and pains...

    Or blogging about it.

    Yikes, I am old. Now where's my Geritol?

    (P.S. Happy Independence Day!)

    eXTReMe Tracker