• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Thursday, June 29, 2006

    Good vibrations, folks...

    I need some good vibrations for tomorrow morning. I'm interviewing for a position with a local government entity -- basically, it would be like working for the fed-lite. And I'm pretty excited about it. The experience would be amazing. I'm not sure if I'm what they are looking for. I know I got the interview because of who I know. While that's worth something, it certainly won't get me the job.

    I'll get me the job because who wouldn't want to hire me? (don't answer that... we know there are too many who haven't already)

    Seriously, though, I know that I've got the goods. I just need someone to give me the benefit of the doubt rather than erect artificial barriers to winnow out the chaff. I'm not chaff, dammit. I'm grain!

    So send me happy thoughts tomorrow morning. I would love an excuse to move back to the area where I grew up, and I would love to be on a career track that has real potential to actually be a career.

    I think more than anything, I want this job thing settled. No more uncertainty. No more paycheck to paycheck. Just settled.

    So happy vibes for tomorrow morning between 11:00 and noon on the East coast, please!

    eXTReMe Tracker