• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Thursday, June 29, 2006

    I feel old

    But I don't look it. Therein lies the conundrum. People assume I'm about 10 years younger than I am and don't give me credit for my experience or capabilities. It's a Catch-38.

    Why am I saying this? Well, MD Gov. Ehrlich (R) has just announced his running mate. Her name is Kristen Cox, and she's a whopping 36 years old. Two years younger than I am. For lieutenant governor.

    But she looks much older than that, at least to me.

    Is this the key? Look old(er) = experienced so people will take you seriously? I just want to look my age and be judged on what I can do, not through preconceived notions based on my appearance.

    C'mon folks, it's 2006 for crying out loud. Aren't we past this? Sadly, I know we aren't.

    eXTReMe Tracker