• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Wednesday, June 28, 2006

    From fires to floods

    The impact of the past few days of rain is worse than I originally realized... and closer too.

    This is my backyard. Well, not literally. However, I grew up in Montgomery County and before law school, lived in one of the neighborhoods cited as evacuated. This is also one of the areas where the two snipers murdered folks back in 2002. It's supposed to be quiet suburbia (not that I'm comparing the actions of two homicidal men to that of Mother Nature... just that things like this don't usually occur this frequently). I used to ride my bike out the trail to the park where the lake is. And my aunt/uncle live in the part of Virginia that is being considered for evacuation (although they're not in the lowlying areas).

    Scary stuff.

    eXTReMe Tracker