• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Sunday, September 09, 2007

    So, I've been thinking about it

    My earlier post about films/shows that feature lawyers and give enough background that the audience knows where the characters went to law school, that is.

    And I'm stumped. For the life of me, I can't come up with more than three or four backstory law schools (without googling it). And none, of course, for my venerable legal institution.

    Here's what I came up with. Please add to this list if you think of others (but no googling).

  • Harvard: Paper Chase, Legally Blonde, Mitch McDeere (The Firm). Ally McBeal and several other characters (Ally McBeal)

  • UMich: Adam Hall (The Chamber, another Grisham novel -- can you tell there was a Grisham movie-a-thon on last night?), Billy and Georgia (characters from Ally McBeal)

  • Tulane: Darby Shaw (The Pelican Brief)

  • And, um, that's it. Pretty short list. There have got to be more school in film, on TV, right? I can think of tons of shows and movies that revolved around lawyers as the main characters, but I don't know the legal pedigrees of those attorneys. E.g., The Practice, LA Law, My Cousin Vinny, Boston Legal, Philadelphia, A Few Good Men...

    Help. There's gotta be at least a few movies/shows featuring U. Chicago or Yale or somewhere other than Harvard and U. Mich!

    Labels: , , ,

    eXTReMe Tracker