• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Friday, September 07, 2007

    Why?!? Why!?! Why!!???

    That was my reaction why I heard that the Today Show is going to re-air its coverage from and on 9/11 -- when the two planes hit the World Trade Center.

    I saw that coverage back then (live at the time). I was glued to the TV that day. I watched it non-stop. Fixated. I think I traumatized myself.

    And I've seen the clips countless times since, despite every effort to look away or change the channel when they came on. Those images are seared on my brain.

    So I ask, "Why?" Why would they show that footage? What's to be gained? Has anyone not seen it? Anyone who has cannot want to see it again, and anyone who hasn't probably wasn't old enough to see it then -- and doesn't need to see it now.

    Must be sweeps week or something.

    Labels:

    eXTReMe Tracker