• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Wednesday, September 05, 2007

    Suburban population explosion

    Here's an update to my urban population explosion, a.k.a., my mask collection.

    It now occupies two walls. Two reasonably sized walls. And these aren't even all of them. I've lost count of how many I have, to tell the truth.

    I have some that I haven't put up because they aren't especially special -- meaning, not such good quality or no sentimental attachment/memory associated with them or not particularly attractive. I have some that I haven't put up because they are difficult to hang, and I just haven't gotten around to it. And I have some I haven't put up because they are too nice to be lumped together on these walls and require a special grouping elsewhere.



    Notice, no white folk among them? Most of these masks come from cultures that are regarded as "of color", the few exceptions being my masks from Italy, Croatia and Switzerland. The rest? Asian, African, Native American, South American, Pacific Islander and Caribbean...

    And yes, I'm still collecting. Every chance I get.

    (I wonder if Quebec City has a mask-making tradition? That's where SM and I are going over Thanksgiving. Hmmmm...?)

    Labels: ,

    eXTReMe Tracker