• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Monday, September 03, 2007

    But TV is educational!

    I have done nothing more than putter around the house today and take care of a very, very few small jobs.

    And blog. Lots of blogging.

    In the background, the TV is playing. There is nothing on TV in the middle of the day. I learned this lesson well when I was unemployed.

    So for the past several hours, Dirty Jobs has been on. I have to say that I really enjoy a lot of the shows on the Discovery Channel.

    Anyway, one of the jobs was about pouring concrete. Which lead me to ask myself (and SM), "What's the difference between concrete and cement?"

    I dunno. He didn't either.

    So I googled away.

    And this is what I found.
    * Cement: The binding element in both concrete and mortar.
    * Concrete: A product composed of cement, sand and gravel or other coarse aggregate. When water is mixed in with this product, it activates the cement, which is the element responsible for binding the mix together to form one solid object.
    Now I know. So does SM. You do too, even if you never cared.

    Labels: ,

    eXTReMe Tracker