• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Wednesday, February 28, 2007

    This made me bawl

    The story about Toby Dawson, Olympic bronze medalist in the men's moguls. Korean-adoptee who had supposedly been abandoned by his family in South Korea but was actually lost, separated from his mom when they were out shopping. Adopted by an American couple and brought to the US.

    What a nightmare for the parents. All of them. But Toby was reunited with his biological father after family in South Korea recognized him as looking just like his father. What a tear-jerker of a story, especially this part:
    Mr Dawson gave his father a skiing sweater and told him in Korean: "I've been waiting a long time, father".
    I can't even begin to imagine the turmoil of emotions that he and all of his parents must have experienced.

    Oh my.

    Labels: ,

    eXTReMe Tracker