• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Tuesday, February 20, 2007

    Oops, I did it again..!

    No, I did not shave my head or any such nonsense. And I'm not blogging about that particular bit of nonsense.

    What I did -- or rather what I didn't -- was blog about February 19th, a.k.a. "Day of Remembrance" for the Japanese American community. This year was the 65th anniversary of the day that FDR signed the pesky little Executive Order 9066 which sent the West coast Japanese American community to internment camps for much of World War II... my almost 4-year old father included (he may have been a wagamama but he certainly wasn't a security risk). That the 65th anniversary fell on President's Day, a day we celebrate our history and shared democratic values... well, that just adds to the irony mine.

    And I didn't blog about Mardi Gras today and the state (pun intended) of NOLA generally.

    Oops.

    But I did think about both. Hopefully my typing will catch up with my thinking soon. But no guarantees. I'm a slow typist.

    Labels: ,

    eXTReMe Tracker