• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Sunday, February 18, 2007

    Monkey see, monkey do...

    (oh, aren't I just so clever? Monkeys amuse themselves easily, don't we?)

    I saw Zuska's post about her and her beloved's horoscopes for the year, so I decided to look up mine and SM's too.

    Monkey : 1920, 1932, 1944, 1956, 1968, 1980, 1992, 2004
    Monkey will be invited to share the fullness of the table. This year will bring good fortune in business but monkey tends to rush to finish and the pig is a slow, detail minded sign. Expect frustration and delays, but do not get discouraged. These are minor setbacks, not the ill fortune of the last two years. The rat year coming up in 2008 will allow you to enjoy the full benefits of your patient work this year. Take time out to enjoy the pleasant year, it will help you to overcome the small frustrations in business. Be prepared for travel — you may even change where you live. All will be in preparation for the good fortune which the rat will share with you in 2008.

    This is strangely accurate (in the way that horoscopes allow you to read the details into your life). The frustration part is definitely true, and I must say -- VERY COOL the part about changing where I live! I want my house. I want my house!

    Rooster : 1921, 1933, 1945, 1957, 1969, 1981, 1993, 2005
    Rooster will be at the feast, but pig is modest and rooster enjoys strutting. Conservative pig has little patience for rooster's emotional displays. In the pig year it is best to work on compromise. The rooster will worry about his seat at the table. Don't be foolish. Stop worrying and enjoy the party. Good fortune comes to the rooster who can copy the pigs steady pace. This does not come easy to the proud rooster and you will find that success this year takes more work. Business may suffer small problems, but a steady pig approach to completing tasks and following through on plans will bring rewards.

    This description -- "rooster enjoys strutting" and "rooster's emotional displays" and "proud rooster" -- could not be further from the truth about SM. That just isn't him. He's the most even-keeled and down-to-earth guy around. That's why he's good for me. Especially when I go into orbit.

    So it looks like we're serving up the year of the pig with a grain of salt. If being realistic means believing only about half of what you hear/read, then I choose to believe my horoscope!

    Labels: ,

    eXTReMe Tracker