• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Saturday, January 06, 2007

    Gidget the girl

    Gidget thinks she's a person. I swear she does.

    Okay, maybe she doesn't, but she certainly acts like a kid sometimes.

    One of my favorite antics of hers (to watch, not participate in) is when SM calls her to put her in the back bedroom before we go out -- and she knows we're about to lock her up -- so she takes one look at him and runs in the other direction, usually looking to find cover next to me. She then gives me this look like, "Aren't I cute? Protect me!" as she cuddles up next to me. This deliberate disobedience ('cuz she knows exactly what she's doing) annoys the crap out of SM (as it does me when I'm trying to get her to do something and she takes off in the other direction), but it's hard not to laugh. Because it is cute. And funny.

    Another thing she did tonight -- SM and I were lying on the sofa, which left no room for her whatsoever. Well, she started to get the idea that she was being left out (especially when some smooching action started), so she climbed up on top of us and tried to wiggle in between the two of us to get some attention.

    Just like a kid.

    In fact, I remember doing that as a kid.

    Indeed, I believe there is some evidence to that effect in the form of Super 8 home movies. Heh.

    Well, I guess it's fair enough. I do refer to SM as her poochy papa or doggie dad. Just don't call me "mom" -- no way!

    Labels:

    eXTReMe Tracker