• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Tuesday, January 02, 2007

    Deja vu all over again?

    So it's Day Two of the bright and shiny new year, and today is looking better than yesterday, for two reasons. First (and apologies for the details), yesterday I was woken up in the middle of the night by cramps. Yes, the cramps were so bad that they actually woke me out of my sleep. Now those are bad cramps. And after that rude awakening, I slept only fitfully. When morning rolled around, I was still the most miserable person, and it took several hours and copious amounts of drugs (of the "over the counter" variety, of course) to allow me to feel human. And it was raining outside.

    That's how yesterday started. Today, it's sunny and I slept and slept and slept. I guess I had to catch up from the night before. When SM got up for work, I double checked with him that I didn't have to go into work today (because today was deemed a day of mourning for President Ford). He confirmed that I wasn't confused in my half-awake state, and I felt a brief flashback to my unemployed status (when I slept in to double-digit time every day)... then I rolled over and went back to sleep.

    So today is off to a much better start than yesterday. SM bought bagels, lox and creamed cheese for us (although I felt too crappy yesterday to eat them... which is saying a whole lot!), so I'm looking forward to chowing on that. Also, it looks beautiful out, so I will take Gidget for a nice walk. And that will be good for both of us.

    I feel really cheerful and chipper. Far cry from my state of being 24 hours ago!

    Labels: ,

    eXTReMe Tracker