• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Friday, January 05, 2007

    Book club...

    The First Thursday Book Club met last night because it was, you guessed it, the first Thursday of the month!

    For the first time in several months, I actually finished the book selection (although it did take me cramming it the night before). And we had a very interesting chat about the book. Usually we digress and wander off on multiple tangents (which are also interesting chats) and don't spend that much time on the book, but we were able to be a bit more focused last night.

    Musta been the wine.

    Naaaah. It's more likely the fact that most of actually read this one, so each person made a greater contribution.

    Anyway, we chose next month's selection: Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight by Alexandra Fuller. It's a memoir by a white woman who grew up in Africa in the 1970s/80s amid civil war, racism and other less than pleasant conditions. You may wonder why the heck we'd want to read about such horrible things, but it's supposed to be quite good. I'll let you know.

    And Dave! will be excited to know that I bought an English Stilton with blueberries (at Trader Joe's) to bring with me and it was delish! Very nice combination of pungent (although not that pungent) and sweet. Yum!

    Labels: , ,

    eXTReMe Tracker