• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Friday, October 13, 2006

    Glunk and bitey

    Gold star to pinkletterlaw for her guess on "glunk", my family's made-up word.

    "Glunk" is primarily a verb, but is also an onomatopoeia. It means to hit someone with a pillow, as in "MOM! He just glunked me in the face!" Wham, pillow smacks head.

    It's also the sound of the impact of a pillow on something, usually a sibling. ::glunk:: Pillow meets head.

    A very heavily used word in the She Says childhood household. Very useful.

    "Bitey", my friend's family's word, refers generally to the not-quite-yet-ripe flavor of fruit... ya' know, when it leaves a bit of an aftertaste in your mouth. Like it has a bit of a bite. Bitey. This one hasn't made it into my vernacular.

    eXTReMe Tracker