• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Friday, October 13, 2006

    Time flies

    when you're unemployed.

    But I'm still alive. Just lying low. I feel like the more excited I get about stuff and the more I talk about it, the less likely it will happen and the more disappointed I'll be. This has happened with a few things recently, so I decided to just shut my trap for a while.

    And not jinx things.

    Anyhoo...

    I know I'm way late on this, but the picture in the post below is from Dubrovnik, Croatia. A beautiful city and world heritage site. It's been restored back to its former glory (from being shelled in the 1990s) and was a highlight of the trip. My mother and I visited there in 2004, started in Dubrovnik in the South and worked our way North to Zagreb. Mom is third generation Croatian, so it was pretty cool to visit places she had heard about and were referenced in her family history. She even made it to the area where my great grandparents left and met a few distant cousins. Fun!

    Now I've been to both my heritage homelands.

    eXTReMe Tracker