• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Wednesday, October 04, 2006

    In today's mail

    Nothing first class. But no evil envelopes either. Basically all junk mail.

    Remember when the mail was actually used for correspondence? For sending cards? For communication? Now it's all been replaced with e-mail, e-cards and even e-bills. I used to look forward to getting the mail. Now it's just a chore to sift through the dreck, shred what I need to shred and chuck the rest.

    Here's what my mailbox contained today. Look familiar?

    * cell phone service "special offer"
    * postcard from the Post Office about their services
    * credit card offer
    * another phone service offer, disguised as a "message from the president" (of that particular company)
    * ACLU "invitation" (probably a save-the-date for a fundraiser/gala dinner)
    * Smithsonian Institution holiday card offer
    * Interfaith Alliance solicitation
    * Washington Post offer
    * another credit card offer
    * catalog
    * bank statement -- the only "real" mail in the entire pile!

    I did get a brief respite from all the political ads and campaign solicitations (and I get tons of them!) -- but I'm sure that it's just a blip and I'll get more tomorrow or later this week.

    Nothing fun or interesting. Heck, none of it even survives the 1-second-glance rule (i.e., I flip through it and determine immediately that it should be tossed without opening -- don't even give it more than a one-second glance).

    But at least there were no bills.

    Does your mailbox look like this too? Or I am just on everyone's junk mail list?

    eXTReMe Tracker