• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Tuesday, September 12, 2006

    Hey you people in DC and MD

    VOTE.

    Today are the primaries in Maryland and the District. And because the constituencies in both places tend to support democratic candidates, many of these primaries will actually determine who the next delegate, senator, council member, state's attorney, attorney general, etc. will be.

    In MD, the primaries are closed, that is, party-restricted... so dems can only play with dems and republicans, well, let's face it, there aren't many republicans even running and those who are certainly do not have to run the gauntlet of opposition in a primary.

    Come to think of it, I don't know if DC has open primaries or not. Hmmm. Maybe I should find out before I try to vote later today?

    (Okay, I just checked... DC is closed too.)

    I guess you aren't invited to the party if you aren't a member of the party.

    eXTReMe Tracker