• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Friday, September 08, 2006

    Next

    Finished Thank You for Smoking. A quick read. All the women in my book club agreed that it was good summer fare, but we didn't have nearly as much to discuss as with The Known World simply because the former didn't have the depth of the latter. It was amusing, but it didn't make us think as much. Every character was a caricature, and we found that we didn't really care about them. The satire was fun, and I think that our being in DC helped us to appreciate it more.

    Our October choice is Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See. And we've already chosen Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides for November -- lots of lead time because the tome is a daunting (for a book club) 544 pages long.

    Fun stuff.

    eXTReMe Tracker