• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Saturday, September 02, 2006

    A race to watch

    Hoping Md. Is 'Ready for a Person Like Me': House Candidate Would Be State's 1st Transgender Lawmaker.

    This is the first time I've heard about this candidate -- Dana Beyer 54, a retired eye surgeon running against seven other Democrats -- but I'm definitely going to watch the race more closely because she's in it. Montgomery County is hugely progressive, some areas more than others, so I can't imagine that Beyer's being transgendered will be an issue.

    At least, I hope not.

    However, whether or not she's elected, after the dust has settled, I hope to be able to point to my home county with great pride because all the candidates were judged on their qualifications and treated with dignity.

    But who am I kidding? That doesn't happen in any political race.

    eXTReMe Tracker