• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Monday, June 05, 2006

    I wonder...

    So we had Chief Justice Roberts for our commencement speaker, and we got CNN, C-Span and other coverage. (It was pretty cool to see clips of him on the news and pundit shows... yes, I'm a beltway geek that way.) That school in Utah booked Jon Stewart when they thought they were getting Jon Stewart (read the link), and that story was all over the news magazine shows.

    So when I heard that Stephen Colbert had been the commencement speaker at a school in Illinois, it made me wonder... is it for real? Or another Jon Stewart incident? If not, which Stephen Colbert showed up? Reprise of the guy who showed up for the 2006 White House Correspondents' Dinner? Or someone funny?

    Judge for yourself. Here. Sadly, no video. But I bet he would have been amusing as a commencement speaker, especially as an undergrad.

    eXTReMe Tracker