• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Monday, June 05, 2006

    Aack! Near miss!

    So, I heard from BettyJoan that she had already received information about the admissions ceremony -- last week. I, as of yet, still have nothing. The board of admissions website indicates that if you haven't received all the requisite info within two weeks of the ceremony date (which is, BTW, next Tuesday), then you should give them a call. Um, it's next week. Um...?

    So I did. And they said I was cleared for admission, but that I needed to call the court to find out if I was scheduled for admission.

    So I called them. And left a message.

    Fortunately for me, they promptly returned my call and told me that I had been cleared for admission next Tuesday... cleared only this MORNING. Yes, the bar examiners office faxed over my clearance this morning for admission next Tuesday -- or as the lady on the other end of the line said, "Just in time."

    Dang, I had no idea that this was even something I should be concerned about. As far as I knew... graduated law school. Check. Passed the bar. Check. Passed the ethics interview. Check. Paperwork submitted in time. Uhhh. Check?

    Just in time? With just a week to go? When I had assumed -- based on various assurances -- that everything was okay all along? Who knew that I had completely missed out on a potential point of stress and anxiety! So yes, bar takers, this is one more thing to worry about -- that all your paperwork is submitted to the bar examiner in time for the bar examiner to transmit the clearance to the court in time to participate in the swearing-in ceremony.

    Check. I mean it -- double check to make sure nothing falls through the cracks.

    eXTReMe Tracker