• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Wednesday, May 31, 2006

    Back from Nashville

    Had a nice visit to Nashville over an extended holiday weekend. More about the trip later... but suffice to say it was a cultural and educational experience for this mid-Atlantic east-coaster. Fun stuff! We did food, Civil War sites, country music stuff, shopping, the Grand Ol' Opry Museum, an agricultural museum and people-watching. Oh, and did I say food? Well, even so, it needs to be reiterated. Because, yes, we ate that much. So much so that. I'm. still. full. Ugh.

    And during our shopping excursions, I saw many homilies and sayings and pithy quotes on stickers and magnets and thingees that you hang around your house or on your door. Among them, these made me laugh:
    "It's hard to be optimistic when your fat pants are too tight."
    and
    "Dogs have owners. Cats have staff."
    Heh, heh.

    eXTReMe Tracker