• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Thursday, March 23, 2006

    See? I'm not the only one

    I'm not the only one who waxes nostalgic for 80s pop culture. In the WaPo, Liz Kelly blogs about "'80s Movies, the Perfect Vintage". I agree with her and really do think the teen movies were much better back then... but I guess I don't have a lot of expertise in contemporary teen movies.

    I alo think she has it right when she says: "In the '80s, I think we paid more attention to the on-screen characters being portrayed by the brat pack than to the gossip surrounding them... The focus now seems to be on the off-screen antics of stars like Lohan and the ever-tabloid-present Olsen twins."

    But I guess that all goes hand-in-hand with reality TV. The more we blur the line between entertainment and real life, well, the more that people's "real lives" will be viewed as entertainment.

    eXTReMe Tracker