• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Wednesday, March 22, 2006

    Go Tammy!

    Tammy Duckworth won the Democratic primary in the 6th district in Illinois, the Chicago suburbs. Yay! Go Tammy!

    Why is this significant? More for my collection of political propaganda!

    Okay, self-interest aside, this is the seat being vacated by the retiring Henry Hyde. It has been held by Republicans for 32 years, and this is the first time in decades that a Dem has had a shot at the seat. But does she have a realistic shot at beating the R in the general? I dunno, but she's got a good story: Iraq war veteran; disabled in combat (lost both legs in a grenade explosion); real heart; telegenic.

    Also inexperienced in politics. But no less so than, say, Mary Bono (who has trouble articulating multi-syllabic words) when she was elected to her husband's seat. Check Tammy out for yourself. I understand that she's pretty good in person, although I've never met her.

    If nothing else, Tammy would bring a fresh perspective to Congress. Yo! Asian American woman in da' House! We need more of them.

    And so, all right... I wouldn't be the first mixed-race Asian American woman elected to Congress then... I'll make that sacrifice.

    Maybe I'll go for the Senate instead?

    eXTReMe Tracker