• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Tuesday, March 21, 2006

    It may sound frivolous, but...

    This is a very sweet story about a local DC high school senior reaching out to help those who lost everything in Katrina by collecting and sending prom dresses to girls in New Orleans.

    Now, prom may be the last thing on most people's minds and others may say that donations are better spent elsewhere, but I think this is a fabulous, not frivolous, drive. It only costs people's time and isn't diverting resources from other worthy causes. And what a great way to help girls forget the devastation of the past year, feel a little glam for a little while and allow them to believe that maybe, maybe things will start to return to normal soon.

    To donate dresses, see here. My prom dress isn't something that anyone would want to wear, but it would make a good set of curtains. However, I do know I've got more than a few cocktail and party dresses in the back of my closet that, despite all my pipe dreams, will never fit again. I think it's time I did a little spring cleaning.

    eXTReMe Tracker