• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Friday, March 17, 2006

    Return address trepidation

    There is no other return address that creates such anxiety for me as that of the MD State Board of Law Examiners. Not credit card bills, not invoices for my school loans, not even those little postcards telling me that I am due for a visit to the dentist...

    Despite knowing that the bar results aren't due until May, I definitely view those envelopes with trepidation. My brain runs crazily creative with thoughts about what materials I didn't file and how my omission will disqualify my application to the bar...

    So far, I haven't had any news like that, but I have to say that these letters are particularly cold and harsh. They keep telling us how we will be disqualified and our results will be voided if we don't do this, that and the other. Every letter feels like a scolding. It's no wonder I almost break out into a sweat whenever I get them...

    Of course, this is nothing compared to how I'll feel in May.

    eXTReMe Tracker