• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Wednesday, March 15, 2006

    Gee, what a bargain

    So I just rented my tam, gown and hood for graduation. A mere $56 with tax, only about $30/hour that I'll be wearing it. Such a glamorous outfit too. So stylish. So unique.

    Yes, I'll look like a big, black and purple cow. No, no mortarboard where I can sell advertising space to offset the costs. And in this thing, black just ain't slimming.

    And if I don't return it? A mere $700 replacement charge. $540 for a gown that has been worn by countless before me and will be worn by countless after? I guess the only way the school/rental company gets out from under of charges of monopoly is that this nifty little get-up is "optional".

    Sure it is.

    eXTReMe Tracker