• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Tuesday, March 14, 2006

    Happy thing

    Happy news for me today: I got an interview for a job that interests me tremendously. Yay. It would be a terrific fit in terms of allowing me to apply what I know about policy and civil rights advocacy and then learn about the practice of law in the public interest. I'd be able to work as a lawyer -- which is what I want to do now -- rather than a policy wonk but still do it for issues that are important to me. Lousy money, but I don't care so much about that.

    The thing that's really exciting for me is that I only mailed my application yesterday, but I already got a call today. That bodes so. very. well. Or at least, I choose to interpret it that way.

    I have also applied for another job, working for the federal government. I'm not holding my breath on that one because it's a long-shot, but it would be great, great if I got it.

    Do I sound desperate? Well, not exactly, but I have to admit that I feel great anxiety over not having a permanent position despite having graduated last month. But then again, I am not willing to take just anything. I want the job to be meaningful. That isn't helpful in getting a job, however; it only limits my opportunities..! But, I tell myself that most people who are graduating this year already have jobs, so among those who don't -- my competition for the jobs I am going after -- I think I am a fairly competitive candidate.

    I hope so. The phone call today suggests that I may be.

    Yay! Fingers crossed on this.

    eXTReMe Tracker